Hey everyone! It’s almost Fall Break for us NYU students and what better way to kind of kick off the break with something sweet! If you remember, I made regular monkey bread a while back. Well my room mate isn’t a huge fan of cinnamon and she was craving something sweet. Seeing as she loves chocolate, she gave me the inspiration to create my own version of chocolate monkey bread. Plus she had brought home a bundt pan so now I can really make monkey bread with it! This is definitely an easy dessert to make if you don’t want to worry about multiple steps, plus a majority of the time is spend baking it. As long as you don’t forget that it’s in the oven, it’s a piece of cake!
So let’s get started!
Ingredients:-1/2 cup granulated sugar -2 tbspn Dutch processed cocoa powder -2 cans of Pillsbury Grands! Homestyle refrigerated biscuits -1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed) -3/4 cup of butter (melted) -1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix the granulated sugar and the cocoa powder in a bowl. Melt the butter and combine with the brown sugar. Set aside. Remove the biscuits from the can and separate them into individual biscuits. Cut or tear each of the biscuits into four pieces.
- Roll the biscuit pieces into the cocoa-sugar mixture until fully coated. Place half the pieces scattered around the bottom of the bundt pan. If there is room between the biscuit pieces, don’t worry. They will swell. Sprinkle the layer with chocolate chips and add the remaining biscuit pieces. Sprinkle with more chocolate chips.
- Pour the brown sugar and the butter mixture over the pieces. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the bundt pan from the oven and upend the pan on a plate.
- Pinch off pieces with your fingers or a fork and enjoy!
Next time I make this version though, I think I’ll roll some chocolate chips into the biscuit pieces so that you can bit into the monkey bread and have a nice chocolate-y center. I will definitely be making monkey bread again with different variations, so stay tuned!
Hugs and puppies!
p.s apologies for the terrible photo qualities. I took these with my iphone and they looked okay on the phone (but not so great on the computer :/). I am going to have to get a better quality camera soon!