This weekend I finally got around to making bacon pancakes. I’ve been dying to try making them since I saw Jake (from Adventure Time) making them in one episode. These were super simple to make and really delicious. I used a plain buttermilk pancake recipe and then chopped up some bacon, fried them up and topped them on the batter while cooking them. I do think though that I’ll mix the bacon pieces (cooked of course) straight into the batter next time. I think that way there’ll be more bacon in every bite!
For the pancakes, follow this recipe
Ingredients:-Buttermilk Pancake batter -6 slices of bacon (more if you want)
- Make the buttermilk pancake batter
- Slice the bacon and cook until the nice and crispy
- Mix most of the bacon into the batter, leaving some to top onto the pancake while it’s cooking.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and pour batter in. Top with bacon.
- Cook until the bubbles on the outer edge start popping (about 2 to 3 minutes), flip and cook until the other side is nice and brown (about 2 to 3 minutes)
And you’re done!
Hugs and Puppies!