It’s finally Spring! What better way to celebrate than with these pretty little treats? Bird’s nest treats are so easy to make and they only require three ingredients. I love how the pastel eggs contrast to the rich chocolate, as well as how the saltiness of the pretzels perfectly compliment the chocolates. I’ve been making these for a while now and every time, they’re a great crowd pleaser!
-1 bag mini cadbury eggs
-6 ounces (1/2 bag) chocolate chips
-2-4 cups broken pretzels (Not crushed!)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler (simply a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water or you can microwave the chocolate in 45 second increments. Just don’t burn it!).
- Break the pretzels into three or four pieces. If you break them into too small pieces, you won’t have nests.
- Mix the chocolate and the pretzels until all the pretzels are covered. Ideally you want the pretzels to be covered in a thin layer of chocolate, not drenched. Add more pretzels if you can still see a pool of chocolate at the bottom of the bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (you can just use a flat surface if you want) and scoop the chocolate covered pretzels into small mounds. Make sure to make a small well in the center of each mound.
- Arrange the cadbury mini eggs on top of the pretzel mounds. If they aren’t staying put, simply melt some more chocolate and dip a small section of the egg in the chocolate before positioning it on the pretzel piles. I like nests with different colored eggs as well as nests with the same color eggs. They’re really pretty regardless!
These are so cute and so simple, I think they’re the perfect Easter snack. What are yours?
Hugs and puppies!