So here’s a little confession, I’m obsessed with cheese and I casually have a love affair with cheez-its. Now these crackers are pretty delicious, but I tried making my own and they were so much better. Not to mention they got a lot of love from my friends. I found the recipe online, but of course, I tweaked it! They were so delicious, I honestly have nothing more to say except that if you love cheese than you’re going to love these! They’re thicker than actual cheez-its, so they’re pretty hearty and they have just the right amount of cheesiness. Some of my friends liked them better than the actual thing!
So let’s get started!
Ingredients:-8 oz cheddar cheese -4 tbsp unsalted butter -1/2 cup and 2 tbsp flour -2 tbsp cornstarch -a few pinches of salt, pepper and paprika
- Cream the butter.
- Add in the cheese and seasonings and mix to combine.
- Add in the flour and cornstarch and knead until it forms a nice uniform dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough until it’s about 1/8 inch thick.
- Take a ruler and a pizza cutter (you can use a knife, but I found a pizza cutter is much easier) and cut uniform squares.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 to 18 minutes.
And that’s it! I’m dying to try these crackers with other cheeses such as a mix of parmesan, gruyere, swiss or mozzarella. I’ll let you know how it goes 🙂
Hugs and puppies!