Happy 4th of July!
I hope that everyone’s having a good 4th of July so far! I decorated some cupcakes to celebrate! I know I made cookies earlier, but I thought this was also a fun way to show your patriotic side!
So let’s get started!
Ingredients:-12 cupcakes (I made a red velvet and yellow cupcake swirl) Cream Cheese Frosting -3/4 cup powdered sugar -8 oz cream cheese -1 tsp vanilla extract -blue food coloring Decorations -red vines -white sprinkles or nonpareils
- Bake your cupcakes and let them cool.
- While your cupcakes are cooling, make the cream cheese frosting by creaming together cold cream cheese with the powdered sugar and the vanilla.
- Take about 1/4 cup of the cream cheese frosting and mix it with a drop or two of blue food coloring.
- Cut your red vines so that they span the top of your cupcake (about 3 inches). If you want thicker stripes, simple cut the 3 inch pieces in half lengthwise. If you want thinner stripes (I thought they looked better), cut the 3 inch pieces into quarters (lengthwise).
- Frost the tops of the cupcakes with the white cream cheese frosting.
- Place two strips across the cupcake, one across the middle of the cupcake and one underneath it.
- Dollop a glob of blue frosting on the upper left half of the frosting. Cut a red vine piece in half and place it along side the blue frosting.
- Once you’ve frosted all the cupcakes, place them on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle the white nonpareils over the blue frosting.
And you’re done!
Everyone at the office liked these cupcakes and I had a lot of fun decorating them! I hope you get to try making these for your own family and friends today! If you’re having trouble, comment below and I’ll do my best to help you out :)
Hugs, puppies and fireworks!!