Happy 4th of July!
I hope that everyone’s having a good 4th of July so far! I decorated some cupcakes to celebrate! I know I made cookies earlier, but I thought this was also a fun way to show your patriotic side!
So let’s get started!
Ingredients:-12 cupcakes (I made a red velvet and yellow cupcake swirl) Cream Cheese Frosting -3/4 cup powdered sugar -8 oz cream cheese -1 tsp vanilla extract -blue food coloring Decorations -red vines -white sprinkles or nonpareils
- Bake your cupcakes and let them cool.
- While your cupcakes are cooling, make the cream cheese frosting by creaming together cold cream cheese with the powdered sugar and the vanilla.
- Take about 1/4 cup of the cream cheese frosting and mix it with a drop or two of blue food coloring.
- Cut your red vines so that they span the top of your cupcake (about 3 inches). If you want thicker stripes, simple cut the 3 inch pieces in half lengthwise. If you want thinner stripes (I thought they looked better), cut the 3 inch pieces into quarters (lengthwise).
- Frost the tops of the cupcakes with the white cream cheese frosting.
- Place two strips across the cupcake, one across the middle of the cupcake and one underneath it.
- Dollop a glob of blue frosting on the upper left half of the frosting. Cut a red vine piece in half and place it along side the blue frosting.
- Once you’ve frosted all the cupcakes, place them on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle the white nonpareils over the blue frosting.
And you’re done!
Everyone at the office liked these cupcakes and I had a lot of fun decorating them! I hope you get to try making these for your own family and friends today! If you’re having trouble, comment below and I’ll do my best to help you out
Hugs, puppies and fireworks!!