Thank you so much to Fae from Fae Magazine for nominating and awarding me the Shine On award, Versatile Blogger Award and the Awesome Blog Content Award!
Fae is a wonderful blogger and such a world traveller. She’s has cooked so many different cultural dishes and if you want to add some spice to your daily cooking repertoire, I strongly suggest that you go and check her blog out! I am so lucky to have met Fae through our blogs. Like me, Fae has lived in Japan and it’s nice to be able to talk about the foods that we miss from Japan. She’s been a wonderful blogging mentor and recently I have written a blog post for her site.
Shine On Award
Versatile Blogger Award
7 Versatile things about me:
1. I’m obsessed with the food network, but I also love my other TV shows: Adventure Time, White Collar, Game of Thrones, Bones, Charmed, etc.
2. I could live in a book store and be completely content
3. I believe in karma and I like to live by that belief. The world will give you back what you put into it.
4. I really want to go back to Greece and visit Mykonos and Athens.
5. There are a lot of places in the world that I haven’t visited and I can’t wait to someday
6. I’ve recently learned how to knit, thanks to my wonderful room mate Monica
7. I’m currently broke. The woes of a college student :p
Awesome Blog Content Award
A-Adventure Time. Okay that’s two words, but I like Adventure Time. I also love having adventures
B-Baker, for I am a baker
C-Chocolate, I am quite the choco-holic
D-Dogs, well in case you don’t know, I’m terribly obsessed with dogs
E-Elephants! I really really like elephants. They’re such majestic creatures
F-Feeding, I love feeding people. I really do
G-Good, I like to think I’m a good person. I really do.
H-Hyper, I am without a doubt a hyper child
I-Ice cream! Because when it’s hot, my freezer always has a pint or two of ice cream. What good, self respecting freezer wouldn’t?
J-Japan, well I was born and bred in Japan and I love that country
K-Kids, I love working with kids. I’m a babysitter and a camp counselor and I loved every minute of it
L-Languages, I can speak 2 quite fluently and am hopefully more fluent in a third. Plus I love languages
M-Musicals, I grew up on musicals and I did musicals all throughout high school. It was a big part of my life 🙂
N-Nails, I’m a nail biter, trying to break the habit though 🙂
O-Optimistic, to a fault
P-Plan, I like to plan things, I like plans. Plans are good
Q-Quidditch.I love Harry Potter and I am a seeker on the NYU Nundu Quidditch team
R-Reader, I love love love books. Ask Pat, I can spend hours in Barnes and Noble/Strand and still go back the next day.
S-Sweet, I have a terrible sweet tooth.
T-Travel. I absolutely LOVE to travel
U-Understanding, that’s me
V-Voice, I like to think I have an interesting voice
W-Water, I love swimming and I love the beach
X-X-rays, I’ve had quite a few of those growing up, luckily no broken bones 🙂
Y-Yummy, I think it’s one of the first English words I learned
It seems that I have been awarded another wonderful blog post by the amazing Fae!
The Sunshine Award!
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? Henry David Thoreau but actually I have no idea.
2. What is your favorite number? 4
3. What is your favorite animal? Otters (did you know they hold hands when they sleep so they don’t get drifted away?), dogs (all of the dogs, but of course poodles are at the top of the list), dolphins, there are too many cute ones out there. OHHH baby sloths 🙂
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter? Twitter: miyoreos Facebook: 1023
5. What is your favorite time of the day? Early afternoon on weekend 🙂
6. What was your favorite vacation? London! I got to see the Harry Potter Warner Brothers tour
7. What is your favorite physical activity? bike riding, swimming,
8. What is your non-alcoholic drink? Alcoholic: gin and tonic non-alcoholic: TEA!
9. What is your favorite flower? Hyacinths and Hydrangeas, orchids and cherry blossoms
10. What is your passion? baking, reading,
August 28th More Awards!
It seems as if I’ve been lucky enough to win two awards today! The Best Moment Award and the Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks so much to Fae from Fae’s Magazine for awarding me these two awards!
Best Moment Award
Well I’ve never made an acceptance speech before, but I’d like to thank the internet (for letting me put my blog posts out there), Patrick (for encouraging me to start the blog and for supporting me throughout this adventure) and Fae (for being an amazing mentor!) and of course ALL of my readers and followers out there who have been with me through it all! I love each and every one of you!
Versatile Blogger Award
7 Random things about me/facts/quotes:
1. I’m currently a volunteer at Badass Brooklyn Animal Shelter! If you would like to adopt or foster check out their website! These puppies are ALL adorable!
2. I’m going to be interning at bon appétit this semester!
3. I seem to be obsessed with mustaches
4. “The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.” – Rafiki, The Lion King
5. I don’t think I could ever be a vegetarian, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like vegetarian dishes (I’m just allergic to soy and peanuts)
6. “Don’t think and don’t worry. When the times comes, you’ll know what to do.” – Helen Parr, The Incredibles
7. “The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability.” – Remy, Ratatouille
Dragon’s Loyalty Award
So here goes!
7 things about me you may not know:
1. I would love to have a cooking show
2. I am dying to watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
3. I’m definitely confidant that my dream job is to work at a food magazine
4. I’m obsessed with making banana chocolate cream pie
5. I can’t wait until I can foster dogs from Badass Brooklyn
6. I’m obsessed with Minion Rush
7. I wish I had more time to read books!
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A Vet!
2. What is your dream career? Working at the a food magazine
3. If money were no object, where would you live and why? I would live in NYC and Tokyo, because those cities are just so near and dear to my heart.
4. What is the place you most want to visit? Greece!
5. What is your favorite meal? Dessert? I’m going to say, I’m quite partial to Bareburger, but the Todd English Food Hall is where it’s at. Not to toot my own horn, but my favorite dessert is my banana chocolate cream pie.
6. What historical figure do you think made the greatest contribution to the world? Oh that’s also a hard one. I guess Albert Einstein.
7. What person currently living do you think is making the greatest contribution to the world? Jennifer Lawrence. Because she’s standing up to what our image of beauty and what our bodies should be and I think that’s important to teach to the girls who look up to her.
8. If you had magical power and could solve one global problem, what would it be? Oh goodness that’s a hard one. I’ll say the extinction of many animal species in our world because that in a sense affects our environment and so our entire world.
9. Who are three of your favorite artists? Well supposing artists includes singers, authors, painters, etc. Frank Sinatra, Jennifer Lawrence, Jiro (from Jiro Dreams of Sushi)
10. If you were to give a speech on any topic, what would it be? Food. I can talk hours about food
11. Favorite movie? The Avengers